If anybody in your family had Market well being protection in 2020, you must have already acquired Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement. (Should you didn’t get the shape on-line or by mail, contact the Marketplace Call Center.)
How you can use Kind 1095-A
- In case your type is correct, you’ll use it to “reconcile” your premium tax credit score. If there are errors, contact the Name Middle. We’ll ship you a brand new, up to date one. Don’t file your federal taxes till you’ve got it.
- To “reconcile,” you’ll evaluate the quantity of premium tax credit score you used upfront throughout 2020 in opposition to the premium tax credit score you really qualify for based mostly in your ultimate earnings for the 12 months. Any distinction will have an effect on your refund or the quantity of taxes you owe.
- Get a step-by-step guide to “reconciling” your premium tax credit score.
Didn’t have Market protection in 2020?
- Should you obtained your 2020 well being protection elsewhere, like by your job or exterior the Market, you’ll get a distinct type and comply with totally different steps.
- Choose your 2020 health coverage status for steps and forms for your situation.